Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Scott is tired!

So yes, I really did have special plans on Sunday; I wasn't being flippant. I went to church, then came back and took on a project of monumental proportions if I do say so myself. I decided since my wife has been working so hard on finals and such that I would do something nice for her so I (with some unexpected help from my mom and my sister) shampooed pretty much all the carpet in the house (minus the bedrooms, which no one but us sees anyway). That required moving a lot of furniture, and I don't mind telling you I am still pretty sore. I'm not used to exercise anymore, so I was tired by the time we were done. Luckily that was still over an hour before Abigail came home. I also managed to do quite a bit of other cleaning as well so when she got here I was rather pleased with myself, as was she.

Matt and Angela came over that afternoon (just before Abigail, actually) and we had good times. Matt began a weight loss competition at work last week that involves measuring his total loss of poundage as well as body fat, so he is unofficially doing Weight Watchers as well as exercising. He went through how it's going with me and showed me how he is doing it, so I decided Monday would be Day 1 of my new diet. While I failed miserably (I had a cheeseburger at our restaurant, and regret nothing), I have taken to the project with much enthusiasm. I designed an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything, and so I've decided that in lieu of going to the meetings I will be posting the results here once a week. This is Day 2 (which has gone astronomically better, by the way), and I am really excited about it. The problem is Day 3 is my birthday, and Day 8 is my birthday party, so those two days I'm pretty much screwed. Oh well...

Anyway, it's the end of the month (EOM) at work so I have been super busy and stressed. I ended up getting off at 6:45 today, eep! Hopefully this will get better as the week goes by. My boss had talked about taking us to the movies tomorrow in honor of my birthday (and his 3 free movie passes that we gave him for HIS birthday last week) so we'll see. I'm still not sure we're going but it's a nice thought. I'm not planning on making a big deal about the day at work, but I don't know if it will be up to me. We'll see...

No comments: