Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

This was a busy, fun weekend! Friday I came home straight from work and took Susan and Abigail to see a movie called "Fireproof" that they had both been wanting to see. It was actually pretty good as far as chick flicks go, and not as cheesy as Christian movies can be.

Saturday I had a bunch of errands to run, but I got to sleep in which was awesome. I picked up Abigail's anniversary (October 21st) present, so let's see how long it takes her to notice this post! Then Saturday night I went to a preseason Coyotes (hockey) game with Matt, my dad, and Angela's brother Jeff. It's been a while since I had a proper guy's night out and I definitely enjoyed it. We were in row six, which curiously made it all seem smaller. Matt stayed until the wee hours of the morning playing Soul Calibur IV with me, which definitely got him in trouble with the wife but it was fun times nonetheless. Lesson learned: even if your wife is asleep, send her a token text message at least so she'll know where you are!

Sunday was my birthday celebration at mi casa. We had a lot of people show up, and so good times were had by all, possibly excepting the cats who are scared of balloons (yay Dad!). Hopefully pictures are forthcoming; I have none yet that I know of. We had 13 people total, I believe, so that was: Matt & Angela, our parents (4), 3 of our siblings, Andrew, and Nate. If I forgot anyone let me know! I made off with some great swag, including the new 360 from my wife and a few games for that and the PSP, as well as some movies (including two copies of Iron Man, LOL). Andrew got me an interesting board game called "Alibi" that we had too many people to play, but rest assured we shall some time. Thank you to those of you who texted or called, you rock!

I'm doing a separate post for health/WW stuff, should be up in a few minutes...

1 comment:

Andrew Meeusen said...

Yay for Uber-fun birthday goodness!

Also, I'm also pretty glad no one got hurt in my big minor car crash incident Monday!