Monday, February 27, 2006

Update...

I know, somewhere out there, there is a job for me. A job where no one is doing something illegal, or where I'm not going to get fired for no reason. A job where I get paid a decent wage for doing something I can manage to tolerate. I know it's out there. I mean, Peter Gibbons found a good job, didn't he? Oh yes.


You see, for about three weeks I worked for a real estate company. No point in telling you which one, since most of you won't be buying RE anytime soon anyway. ;) Still, I digress. To make a long story short, not only was I not getting paid (100% commission with no customers is kind of...crappy), the broker was, well, breaking the law. Yeah, in several places. For example, a broker is not allowed to instruct or directly influence anyone to go to a specific lender. Period. They can hand out business cards, but there must be at least three. This broker gave no option, just sent them to the in-house guy. Who sucks, by the way, he's never approved a loan for Native Americans or Hispanics. Anyone looked at the demographics in Arizona lately?

The point is that I know I can do better. I'm not sure at what yet, but I'd rather sit on my butt with a clear conscience than work for someone who is less than trustworthy. Plus I have more time to be on MySpace. Yay! Peace and love. Holla!

No comments: