Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yay for President's Day!

Sooo, time flies when you're (mostly) having fun! Monday was great first and foremost because I got to sleep in for a change (first day since Saturday the 7th I'd gotten to do that for various reasons). Abigail and I had breakfast together, then my dad and Susan came to my place. At that point the girls went shopping and to a movie and my dad and I hung out for a while, eventually to be joined by Andrew, then Travis. We had originally planned on going to the driving range that day, but I was sore from sledding the day before and Andrew was tired from being up all morning waiting to get a seat to see President Obama speak on Wednesday (today).

So instead, we got Weinerschnitzel for lunch (one of my favorites!) and played Rock Band. We briefly played Halo, then played Ghost Recon for the remaining time until the girls returned, and my dad and Susan left soon after that. We then ordered Pizza Hut and Travis' wife Kim joined us while we played Rock band again.

I made the mistake at that point of confessing that I had started a new band at the beginning of the day to protect the score of my own band (which is pretty decently high since Rock Band 2 allows you to play through Tour mode by yourself). I think I half offended half amused everyone, but since I did have some amatuers with me (especially my dad) I felt justified. I didn't want to worry about my score; I just wanted to have fun! It turned out to be a good thing as I got at least three Achievements that day. Go me!

I had hoped to write on Monday but alas (or not), there was no time! This weekend was a great stress reliever and a whole lot of fun. Thanks go out to all of my friends who spent time with me as well as my parents, Abigail's parents, and of course Abigail herself. Special shout out to Susan for going to the movies with Abigail, she needed a break!

2 comments:

Andrew Meeusen said...

Umm, yeah, so what's up with this whole "we're not good enough for your super high score," Mr. Evil Dude Penguin-slash-Meathead? I mean, have you no heart? Dost thou not care about the feelings of thy kinsmen? :)

In all seriousness, that was good times. Although, I think I may have tweaked my wrist banging on those drums all day!

Yay for El Dia de los Presidentes!

Andrew Meeusen said...

By the way, I also think you should can the comment moderation thing. I can never tell if my comments are posting here until you get online again and check your blog!